Join the Network
The National Network of Hospital-based Violence Intervention Programs is accepting new membership applications.
- Program Membership
- Contributor Membership
- National Advisor Membership
- Student Membership
- Organizational Membership
- Increased program visibility and affiliation with a national professional network
- Two years of mentoring from an experienced program
- E-newsletters every other month
- Listing as a Network Member Program on the National Network Website
- The opportunity to attend and present National Network annual conferences
- Updates on Network working group activities
- The opportunity to become a technical assistance provider for new and emerging programs (the National Network manages a technical assistance clearinghouse)
Even if your program is still in the early stages of development, we encourage you to submit a membership application.
“This network is a godsend! I appreciate the opportunity to participate and am excited about its potential accomplishments.”
— Network member’s feedback on the 2010 Network Symposium
Program Membership Category
To apply for program membership, please follow the steps below:
- Review our NNHVIP Membership Criteria Overview to determine whether you qualify for membership in NNHVIP.
- Take the NNHVIP Member Program: Pre-Application Quiz.
- Complete the online NNHVIP Member Application.
Please note: the application is fairly long and must be completed in one sitting. We recommend that you download the PDF version of the application here first and collect all of the required information. Only online applications will be considered for membership. Do not email or mail a PDF application.
Member programs pay an annual fee of $550.
Contributor Membership Category
Contributor Membership Requirements:
- Individuals who are not affiliated with a member program but are working toward (a) establishing an HVIP and/or (b) conducting critical research or policy work to advance the field.
- Unlike NNNHVIP National Advisors, these are NOT nationally acknowledged experts in the field
- Contributors are nominated by an NNHVIP member and approved by a majority vote of the Steering Committee and must provide their resume
- Contributors receive some or all of the benefits of membership, as determined on a case-by-case basis by the Steering Committee chair
Contributor members pay an annual fee of $100
National Advisor Membership Category
National Advisory Membership Requirements:
- Individuals that are not affiliated with a National Network member but are respected leaders in the field
- To apply, must be nominated by NNHVIP Steering Committee and provide a resume
Student Membership Category
Student Membership Requirements:
- Current undergraduate and graduate students interested in violence prevention/intervention work, and/or conducting research on HVIP
- Must have a valid university email address (.edu)
- To apply, must submit a resume and fill out an online NNHVIP student membership application
Student members pay an annual fee of $50
Organizational Membership Category
Organizational Membership Requirements:
- Organizations that are actively involved in violence intervention/prevention work
- Organizations interested in joining the network must submit an organizational membership application and be approved by a majority vote of the Steering Committee
- To apply, please complete an organizational membership application
Organizational members pay an annual membership fee, determined by organizational budget amount.
As of 2017, programs can secure basic membership to NNHVIP by paying their annual dues. Basic membership but, that will NOT make you eligible for future stipends or other economic incentives. To be eligible for those you must be in good standing of all three requirements.
- Payment of annual dues
- Completed annual survey
- Regular attendance (50%) to at least one of the monthly working group calls
- NNHVIP Working Groups
- Conference Planning Committee(s)
- Marla Becker Scholarship Selection Committee